Matt Jackson | Assistant Coach
Matt Jackson enters his second season with the Jewell softball program in 2020.
• October 1, 2018 | Named Assistant Softball Coach
• In his first season he helped lead right fielder Lindsay Glynn to Third Team All-GLVC honors.
• Under his mentoring Courtney Beatty posted a career-best .396 on her way to a First Team All-GLVC selection
Prior to Jewell
• Jackson came to The Hill from Baker University where he served as an assistant for three years for the Wildcats who won a school-record 41 games in 2018 and qualified for the NAIA National Championship tournament for the first time in program history.
• While at Baker, Jackson helped mentor 12 All-Conference selections, as well as a first team All-American.
• Prior to his time with the Wildcats, he served as an assistant coach for Washburn University baseball in 2015 as the Ichabods went 33-20 and finished in the semifinals of MIAA Tournament and climbed as high as No. 6 in the national polls.
• As a player for Washburn, he hit .307 in 46 games with 12 doubles during the 2014 season, earning him a selection to the All-MIAA team.
A native of Lincoln, Neb., Jackson earned his bachelor's degree in exercise physiology from Washburn in 2015 and a master's in sports management from Baker in 2018.
• He is married to wife Shelby and the couple welcomed their first child, a daughter, Harlie in the fall of 2018.